June 02, 2022

Bass Boy - I Got The Bass (1992)

Real Name:  Patrick E. Baker
Profile:  Patrick E. Baker, AKA Techmaster P.E.B. had many aliases, one of them including DJ Bass Boy.

DJ Bass Boy
is a Miami bass DJ first released in 1992 on Newtown Records. Bass Boy released three studio albums. The album I Got The Bass peaked at 86 on the Billboard charts.
Bass Boy's albums are virtually indistinguishable from each other. I Got the Bass is no different. Although there are some fine tracks, it isn't particularly noteworth for anyone other than diehard fans. 
If I had to pick one personal favorite bass track of all time, it would be a toss up between Techmaster P.E.B.'s Bassgasm, and Bass Boy's I Got the Bass. 
Considering that this album was produced by P.E. Baker, I don't think that's a coincidence. I tried to count the number of different songs that 'I Got the Bass' samples from, and it was over 70. 
 That song pretty much proves that sampling is a means to create an entirely new piece of music, VASTLY different from the original, not just plagiarism. Nobody's going to hear the, "my baby does the hanky panky" sample, and think he was trying to rip off Tommy James and the Shondells.


Track listing

1.  Rebel Bass - 3:22
2.  Bass Boy Crazy - 4:10
3.  Big 10" - 3:29
4.  Non-Stop Bass - 3:49
5.  Bass Me Up - 3:52
6.  I Got The Bass - 4:01
7.  Blinded By The Bass - 4:21
8.  Bass Wave - 2:53
9.  Mo' Better Bass - 3:18
10.  Funkin' Bass - 3:53


Companies, etc.
Credits

Notes
Release Date:  March 30, 1992 
Recording Location:  Miditek Studios, Sarasota, FL Submit Corrections
Genre:  Bass Music
Styles:  Club/Dance
Duration:  36:39 

Label - Newtown Music

0 comments:

Post a Comment